Random thoughts on for a Monday morn:
1. Oooh, the colors are just lovely this weekend. I had to post a tree photo for the pallies who live in places where the colors don't change. It may be lovely where you live in January, but gees, you are missing out on some pretty NOW.
2. I can't drink like I used to. Dang, if I'm not feeling like crap today after the band parent party last night. But I'm thinking that stomachache is more from laughing than drinking. Those folks are some hilarious people.
3. I think the band parents are just on this side of being ba(n)d parents. Not that we are not good to the kids, it's just that I think we could get into trouble together with a little encouragement. Fun kind of trouble, of course.
4. Somebody remind me come spring that I have 6-7 frogs in the pond this fall. I always forget that when I'm doing a frog check in the spring. And I'm sort of iffy on the exact number as I saw one hooligan making a break for it under the neighbor's fence yesterday. I'm not sure if he got smart and came back or not.
5. Dang, if it isn't 70 degrees here today. Two weeks ago we were freezing.
6. If Hobbes brings home one more dead mouse......
7. I feel like a criminal in my own home these days--I hunker down when I see the politicians knocking on my door so they don't see me not answering. Same with the phone--thank god for caller I.D.
8. Don't EVER use Target's wedding registry. Criminy, I ordered a couple of things and they a) wouldn't gift wrap, and so, no gift card b) shipped the items separately c) keep sending me emails telling me one item is back-ordered for 6 WEEKS! d) refuse to cancel the back-ordered item e) customer service is in the Philippines and f) are just totally infuriating me. Thank god I don't really give a hoot about this bride and groom.
9) As much as I love marching season, I really, really needed a break from those bleachers.
10) I'll say it again, Jim and Irene save me at work. Only those two would crack up with me about the measly raise I got and calculate it out to the yearly total ($176.85) to make me feel better. Yeah/no. But at least I got one. Salaried employees are still waiting to hear if they are on year 3 of no raise.
11) I really hate Mondays. Friday just seems so darn far away.