Friday, June 27, 2014

FPDOV etc.

We are known to have fun just about anywhere we go--including doctor's visits and other such otherwise boring have-tos.

Last week brought us to the eye doctor.  And the only person on this good green earth who is wackier than me is Dr. Rick.  I love him.  Joe doesn't love Dr. Rick like I do, but I think Dr. Rick checks the wackiness for his regular patients like Joe.  He turns it on full blast for me, which makes for fun.

Emma and I went in for our annual eye appointment together.  And Dr. Rick brought in his new intern.  It was like a regular party in that exam room.  I think we scarred the intern by the time it was all over.

We had theatrical readings of the up-close reading tests, full word readings of the eye chart (even though they are sorely lacking in vowels) and snarky comments about aging and certain eyeballs looking like raisins.  We caught up on kids and their doings while my prescription was being updated.   Then we ended on big hugs and a promise to go out with cocktails with the spouses.

When we left, Em asked me how I knew Dr. Rick.  "He's our eye doctor," I explained.  " I know, "she said, "but how do you know him?" Apparently it's strange that me and the eye doctor have a great rapport.

Doesn't everyone crack up with their eye doctor? 


8 comments:

Marg said...

That is so great that you have so much fun with the Doctor. Sounds like he is a fun guy. Hope all of you have a great day.

Secondary Roads said...

My eye doc is all business. She is very professional. I came to her for a second opinion after the old guy had said I was losing my vision. She assured me that there is nothing abnormal going on with my eyes. I like her. A lot.

Patty Woodland said...

Mine is very nice, yet professional. She is a reader so we discuss books.

vanilla said...

Friendly people have friends wherever they may be. Rawk on!

Katnip Lounge said...

YES!! Ours is a hoot!

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

My eye doctor (and all my other doctors) are like dry white toast. You are a lucky woman.

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Great photo! I laugh with my eye doctor too... I mean why not?

Petula Lloyd said...

Rofl, love it. Not quite to that extent. I fry to get our eye doctors to loosen up, but they're fuddy duddies. I can just picture you in action. :-D