Thursday, July 3, 2014

Are you there God? It's me, Lin.

Do other people live like this, I wonder?  Do they have wacky stuff happen to them everywhere they go?  Do they meet wacky people and see silly stuff happening around them all the time--like it's normal?   Criminy.

So.....

I got rear-ended...AGAIN....on my way home from work yesterday.  Oh, the car seems okay (we'll have it checked out anyway) and nobody was hurt, but still....This would make it FOUR times that I've had to have that bumper repaired.  It's getting tiresome.

And who gets rear-ended that many times?!  That's just weird.  I know, you are thinking "Well, I'm sure she tailgates and slammed on her brakes and probably deserved it,"  but I don't. I was standing STILL at a stoplight yesterday when the lady behind me sorta went stupid and gunned her car even though we were all stopped and the light was still red.  I'm still shaking my head on that one.

Anywho....

The Readers Digest version:

  • The Chicago police department people try harder (and succeed) at working less than the people I work with.  We stood there looking at two workers for 15 minutes while they pretended to not notice us in line to file a report.
  • The ladies room at the police department is broken. The men's room is locked.  And if you ask about the key, it leads to a major discussion amongst the employees---all the while ignoring you, the person who has to pee.
  • If you hit somebody's car, just keep telling them that there is no damage and it will make the problem go away.  Or just tell them that the damage was already there--that works too. NOT.
  • If you get a case of the giggles amongst all this madness, it just seems to make the employees really, really mad. (I couldn't help it, though)
  • I came home from the police station and got a very bizarre letter from someone who sorta skunked me a few weeks ago.  It was at this point that I looked to the sky and said "Really, God? Really?!"  I'm still trying to figure out why this day needed capping off with that letter.
The best part of today:
  •  I get to use my "I just got rear-ended and it wasn't by David Beckham" line again!  Much to my family's chagrin.
  • I'm still laughing.



13 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Jeez.... what's wrong with people? Have you ever rear ended anyone? NO, me neither.

Marg said...

Hope you said some norty words to that person that hit you. That is horrible. Sure hope it doesn't happen any more. Yikes. Take care and Happy Fourth to ya.

vanilla said...

You can laugh amidst adversity. You are blessed!

Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Got rear-ended this past weekend too. On the way to my son's graduation ceremony, one of his co-graduates, deep in thought about her future presumably, nailed us at a light. Let's hope things smooth out for you and your poor, beaten automobile going forward.

Grace said...

At least you are still laughing....

Catherine said...

Sometimes it feels like we have a target on our back and it reads 'pick on me'! Yup. That's how it feels sometimes. Keep on keeping on Lin!
xo Catherine

Carolynn Anctil said...

Wow, that sucks. You have the right attitude though. Hope things take a turn for the better soon!

Carolynn
A Glowing Ember

BeadedTail said...

Well, one of these times maybe it will be David Beckham! :)

Ann said...

You should check with Guinness to see what the worlds record is. Maybe you can make it into the book. I imagine with the use of cell phones and all the idiots who like to text and drive at the same time that there will be more and more of this happening all around

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Have you tried driving over 20 MPH on the tollways? It's scary, I know, but it may save you from getting runover again.

Patty Woodland said...

You city drive. That is why. I always country drove

Sharkbytes said...

You do seem to be good at collecting adventures.

Veronica Lee said...

I agree with Sharkbytes. You certainly live a very happening life. You are one of the few bloggers I know who still posts daily after 6 years!